- Learn how to draw
- Drawing Lessons
- Teaching Critique
- Learn to Sketch
- How to Draw People
- Affordable Art Classes
- Personalized Certificate
Drawing Hidden Body Parts
Depending on the pose, particularly various seated and reclining poses, you will find that partial sections of the body such as upper or lower limbs will be hidden from view. When the entire limb is outside of our view, the artist can ignore it, simplifying the piece. However, when it is only partially visible, we must draw the visible portion by imagining the whole. If not, there is a great potential for the visible section to be ill-proportioned and out of line with the portion of the body out of view.
To ease the process, many artists will draw the contour line of the part hidden from view (in essence, as if the model were transparent), only to erase these lines once the visible portion has be rendered using them as a guide. As you advance in your drawing, you will be able to perform this process mentally using your well-honed observation skills.
Below is an example of drawing hidden body parts to ensure proper proportions and alignment of visible parts.
Sign up for our online drawing course and...1. Speed up the learning process with our 1 on 1 approach to learning. When you finish a drawing assignment one of our teachers will review your work and provide feedback.
2. Read through the course lecture notes and complete your assignments and quizzes when it is convenient for you. The course takes most students 1-3 months to complete but you can take as long as you like. There are no deadlines.
3. Get a sense of accomplishment. When you finish the online drawing course you will be mailed a personalized 8x10 course completion certificate
4. Access hundreds of images and step by step instructions on how to draw everything from basic still life objects to advanced fashion drawings.
5. You will not use your mouse and computer to draw. You will draw with pencils, charcoal, conte and paper. Then take pictures of your work or scan it and upload it to our student HUB to receive feedback from teachers.
Learn how to draw with Drawing Professor and get started today!
Enroll today and pay only US$ 59.99
That's over 50% off the regular tuition price!
For a limited time only.
What to expect after you click on "Enroll Today":
1. You will be redirected to our credit card processing site (www.2checkout.com) and asked for your billing and delivery information. Enrollment fees will be automatically calculated in your national currency for your convenience.
2. After you have filled out this information we will receive an automatic notification that you have enrolled in our drawing course
3. Drawing Professor will email you a personalized student ID within 1 - 12 hours using the email address you provided at the time of enrollment.
4. If you do not receive our confirmation email within 12 hours please contact us directly using our contact form and confirm your email address and phone number. We will get back to you immediately.
Other pages of interest