- Learn how to draw
- Drawing Lessons
- Teaching Critique
- Learn to Sketch
- How to Draw People
- Affordable Art Classes
- Personalized Certificate
How to Draw Feet
Feet are also somewhat tricky to draw but less
difficult than hands since there are fewer potential
poses. The foot has 3 parts: the heel, the metatarsal
and the toes. Although the foot is covered in tendons,
muscles and joints, they are not visible to the same
extent as the hands. The easiest way to draw a foot
geometrically is to draw three cones that are cropped at
the point. (essentially this shape is the cross between
a cylinder and a cone because it does not have the point
that a cone would have but it is wider at one end than
the other, similar to a cone's shape.) The toes are
essentially cylinders or you can start with cubes and
then proceed to round the edges after you have blocked
in the approximate proportions. The heel is basically a
Geometric Model â€“ Profile
Geometric model â€“ Front View
Additional Practice with Lay Figures
In the previous lessons, the viewpoints were kept fairly basic (frontal, profile). This was intentional so that you could focus initially on the general shapes of body parts in the most common poses. However, it is important that you gradually become comfortable drawing body parts from many different angles and an excellent way to practice this skill is to buy a Lay Figure, found in most art supply stores. Lay Figures are jointed wooden models that can be placed in a great number of positions, making it helpful for developing your abilities to draw well-proportioned geometric shapes from a variety of perspectives. Lay Hands can also be purchased.
Sign up for our online drawing course and...1. Speed up the learning process with our 1 on 1 approach to learning. When you finish a drawing assignment one of our teachers will review your work and provide feedback.
2. Read through the course lecture notes and complete your assignments and quizzes when it is convenient for you. The course takes most students 1-3 months to complete but you can take as long as you like. There are no deadlines.
3. Get a sense of accomplishment. When you finish the online drawing course you will be mailed a personalized 8x10 course completion certificate
4. Access hundreds of images and step by step instructions on how to draw everything from basic still life objects to advanced fashion drawings.
5. You will not use your mouse and computer to draw. You will draw with pencils, charcoal, conte and paper. Then take pictures of your work or scan it and upload it to our student HUB to receive feedback from teachers.
Learn how to draw with Drawing Professor and get started today!
Enroll today and pay only US$ 59.99
That's over 50% off the regular tuition price!
For a limited time only.
What to expect after you click on "Enroll Today":
1. You will be redirected to our credit card processing site (www.2checkout.com) and asked for your billing and delivery information. Enrollment fees will be automatically calculated in your national currency for your convenience.
2. After you have filled out this information we will receive an automatic notification that you have enrolled in our drawing course
3. Drawing Professor will email you a personalized student ID within 1 - 12 hours using the email address you provided at the time of enrollment.
4. If you do not receive our confirmation email within 12 hours please contact us directly using our contact form and confirm your email address and phone number. We will get back to you immediately.
Other pages of interest